After promising to share more of my miniature projects, working towards the completion of my doll's house pub, here's a quick look at one little piece I finished over the weekend - tiling the back of my fireplace.
I used polymer clay to make the tiles - rolling white clay out flat, cutting it into squares, then sticking the squares onto a clay backing, before baking and then 'grouting' the tiles with PVA glue, and adding my design with blue acrylic paint.
Some of the tiles came out a little wonky, but I quite like the character the look lends to this bedroom feature. When finished I sealed the tiles with clear spray varnish.
Apologies for the below-par quality images - I had to take photos through the window of my doll's house pub!
I need to make the actual hearth for the fireplace to sit on next.