Friday 11 May 2012

Quick and Easy Coffee & Walnut Cake



A lovely afternoon tea treat today. This cake is so easy to make, and bakes in just 25 minutes.




I can't take the credit for it, though. I discovered it here on the blog Knitting on Trains, which has a very similar ethic to my own blog and is full of vintage, crafty and recipe goodness.



What I really, REALLY love about the recipe is the method. All you do is weigh your eggs (I used 3) and then weigh out the same amount in sugar, butter and flour. So you can't go wrong! Genius. I'm definitely going to be trying this way of measuring for other cake recipes.




What's your favourite loaf cake recipe? I think I'm going to be making a fair few more!




2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD! That is the sort of frosting-to-cake ratio I like to see. My mouth is actually watering.

    Interesting about the weighing the eggs thing too. I get my eggs from a family friend who keeps rescue hens in his garden so the sizes vary massively. This is a great tip :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna. Just stumbled across this post. Your cake looks yum! Love the pictures too, the staging really makes them - much better than the ones on my post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!