Monday 31 March 2014

First Crocheted Project: Beatrix's Bunting


I crocheted an actual thing! Instead of spending my evenings frowning over the basic stitches and sticking to nice, safe practise rows, this week I finally bit the bullet and made something.

I decided to have a bash at this 'my name is' bunting from Granny Chic by Tif Fussell and Rachelle Blondel, as I must admit to a certain fondness for Tif's best friend, Little Olive. She very much reminds me of Bea in the way she helps Tif with her crafting, and one of the things I love most about living with a dog is when Bea snuggles up in her bed after a walk and has a good snore, while I sit with a cup of tea and watch her and smile to myself. For me this picture says it all:

source

Since I moved house late last year Bea's bed has just been placed in the spare room out of the way. She sleeps in there quite happily every night, but knowing how important it is for a pooch to feel they have a space to call their own, I thought this make would be a nice way cordon off a little area just for her, where she can arrange her favourite tennis balls and blanket just how she pleases, and dream of adventure.





I think she likes it. After such a gratifying first crochet make there's no stopping me. It's onto a snood next (say it with me... SNOOOOOD!), and then it's onto Ali Campbell's Crochet for Beginners Who Want to Improve for my next challenge. But first, I have a knitted scarf, two large embroidery projects and a mixed media piece to finish! 

Wish me luck!



5 comments:

  1. Welcome, welcome to the world of crochet. It's always make me squeal with delight when I see someone else enjoying a quality bit of crochet time! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is so cute! My crochet adventure so far consists of lots of unfinished scarves and one completed bow brooch. But bunting seems a good way forward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bea looks very pleased, and so she should be. And of course I am delighted to hear that your next project is a SNOOOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely ... Bea must be delighted with her designated space and custom bunting :) ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!