Sunday 21 July 2013

How to Tie a Sliding Knot

I ran a button bracelet-making workshop at my WI this week, and part of it involved a quick demo on how to tie a sliding knot. It's so quick to learn, but a bloomin' useful lesson for any crafter! It means you can make bracelets, necklaces and anklets for yourself or a lovely friend without all that bother about unpicking knots to take it off, and it means one size fits all. Handy!




This method works well for non-stretchy threads like waxed cord, hairy string or baker's twine. I'll be back tomorrow with the button bracelets themselves.

Get knotted (he he!)



4 comments:

  1. Ooh handy! Thanks for sharing :)
    Jones x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for sharing this. Very handy. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is handy dandy I was wondering how to do this the other day. Glad I found your blog.
    http://www.lovelybettycornwall.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I've been wondering how this is done for a while! Pinned it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!